Release Notes:New Features
- New Performance Customization System: Players can now install individual performance parts on their vehicle. Customize your car like never before!
- Durability & Insurance: Cars now lose durability each race and will need to be repaired. If a car reaches 0% durability, it will lose all benefits from performance parts. Durability loss can be prevented for a set period of time by purchasing Insurance from the Safehouse.
- Booster Packs are now available for purchase. These packs each contain 5 Reward Cards, granting you additional performance parts, cash, and powerups.
- Hot Pursuit Cross-Promotion: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit owners will receive a free 3-Day rental of a cop-themed Audi R8 and Exclusive cop vinyls that can be applied to any car in your garage. To qualify, you must use the same EA Account to play Need for Speed World and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. To receive your rewards, you will need to be logged in to your EA Account and have redeemed your Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Online Pass code.
- A ‘Royal Purple’ branded Audi R8, Dodge Charger & Subaru Impreza have been added to the game. As a bonus, these vehicles each come with an exclusive performance part pre-installed.
- Shield powerup has been updated, and can now be used to remove active Traffic Magnets on players.
- Various interface/UI improvements have been made throughout the game, including an improved Powerup Console, and pre-race screen.Bug Fixes
- Made improvements to a player presence bug that was causing players to incorrectly appear online/offline to their friends. This should significantly reduce the frequency that this issue occurs.
- Over 150 other bugs have been resolved. They will not be posted in these patch notes in an effort to keep these notes short.Known Issues
- The descriptive text for the Progression Amplifier % value is displayed incorrectly in German. The correct percentage and duration values for this Amplifier are a 25% increase for 7 Days.
- The descriptive text of the Cash Amplifier duration and % value is displayed incorrectly in German. The correct percentage and duration values for this Amplifier are a 25% increase for 7 Days.Special Notes:
- Performance Customization: We have taken great care to ensure that cars that have already been customized do not lose their performance rating upon the deployment of Version 5. Therefore, players who have cars whose performance has already been customized will receive performance parts
that have a performance rating equal to or greater than the performance customization package installed on their car before Version 5. These parts will already be installed on the car after Version 5 is deployed.Patch Size:
- Due to the large amount of content & fixes in this patch, please be aware that this patch will be larger than normal (around 1 GB).